Water infiltration in the passenger compartment in the carpet area.
Electrical problems can arise, such as doors not operating intermittently or permanently.
NOTE: This information bulletin only affects vehicles manufactured within a specific date. (Vehicles manufactured between 2012 and 2020).
Defect in panels.
Water infiltration between the front left (LH) and/or right (RH) L-panel and the A-pillar area.
• Confirm that the symptoms mentioned in the field symptoms of this bulletin are reproduced.
• Check for moisture in the footwell areas and verify which side of the vehicle needs to be repaired.
• Remove the front dashboard assembly.
• Remove the front left and/or right wheel arch assembly.
• Remove the windscreen wiper reservoir, if necessary.
• Remove the duct tape patches at the upper end, on the left and/or right side of the L-panel cover.
• Check all joints of the panels in and around the L-panel area and the A-pillar to confirm gaps, fissures and cracks.
• Check the underbody joints in the bulkhead area for gaps or cracks in the sealant.
• Clean all areas where the new sealant has to be applied.
• Check that the duct tape patches on the top corner of the bulkhead seal properly. Clean and apply new duct tape patches, if necessary.
• Apply sealant to the joint between the upper part of the L-panel, the front shock tower and the outer side of the L-panel. See image 1.
• Apply sealant to the vertical joint between the outer side of the A-pillar and the hinge-pillar assembly. See image 1.
• Apply sealant to the body joints between the outer panel of the L-panel and along the front edge of the hinge pillar assembly.
• Apply sealant to the joint between the assembly on the bonnet side, the bulkhead side, and the outer extension of the front rail.
• Apply sealant to the body joint between the inside edge of the panel that is above the L-panel and the front shock tower.
• Apply sealant to the inside corners of the front opening of the A-pillar.
• Apply sealant to all joints of the panel in the area between the side of the bonnet and the panel above the L-panel.
• Apply sealant to the vertical and horizontal body joints between the bulkhead and the extension panel.
• Apply sealant to the joint below the attachment point of the bonnet hinge.
• Apply sealant through the hole in the top L-panel. Use a baroscope to see the joint through the hole in the outer L-panel and apply more sealant on the outside area. See image 2.
• Apply sealant to the front opening of the top L-panel.
• Apply sealant to the opening at the back edge of the top L-panel.
• Clean any excess sealer and leave the sealant to dry for 1 hour.
• Check the sealant in all joints, by spraying liquid on top and with the help of air to verify that the sealant is correct.
• Reassemble all components.